Monday, April 19, 2010

Videos of the kids in case Dan gets homesick


Benji loves to help us read Moo Baa La la la. For some reason blogger wouldn't upload this video so it's from youtube. I am not responsible for any adverting ;)
Vince couldn't stand not being the center of attention so we captured his talents as well.

In other news Dan left a week ago to D.C. for the AAG (Association of American Geographers) Conference. We figured he should make some good U.S. connections so he can get a job in the U.S. when he graduates. Unfortunately Iceland blew up and . . . Dan's flight was canceled. So, he's stuck in D.C. for the moment.
On the bright side:
-He's at the Crain's house. They lived in Prague for 3 months just down the street from us and we've stayed in touch through blogs. We wish they still lived down the street from us! Thank goodness we aren't having to pay for a hotel!
-Randall (Dan's brother) will be in D.C. this week so they get to see each other.
-And volcano permitting he will only be there another week and get back in time for our anniversary. (Note the sarcasm.)

The kids have been really good so I'm not going crazy as bad as I might have imagined. We've stayed busy playing with friends and going to parks. But I can say I'm grateful for how much easier life is when he is around. Love you Dan!

5 comments:

Czechers said...

Val you're wonderful! I love the videos. I also have a good collection of Vince, Benji and Val pictures saved on the camera. I've been flipping through them a lot today. I love you all and can't wait to come home! -Dan

Connie said...

Thanks for the update. I've been curious. Hope you all get together soon.

The Englands said...

It took me a minute to figure out that Vinson was saying the alphabet. Those are some really cute boys! Good luck getting your hubby back.

Deanna Bronsell said...

I miss you too Val. Are you ever moving back home?

Q said...

The video of Benji was very cute!