Monday, April 13, 2009

A marathon together.




I've been wanting to do the Prague half marathon since I found out about it the first year we were here. Last year I was pregnant so I signed Dan and I up to run this year. It was a great excuse to have Dan watch the kids in the mornings and get out and run. Unfortunately Dan hadn't run since January, he has been too busy working on his thesis. Everyone assumed he would die. We ended up running most of it with my friends Maylia and Emily. Their pace was perfect. We started in the back so we passed people the whole time until about 19K when I started to hurt. Now you'd think Dan would be dying but no he was keeping me going - saying cute little things to keep me distracted, "Val you're so hot when you run" etc. We didn't walk and got a pretty good time: 2:09. So pretty much we are amazing! Dan says since we both did a half we can say "We ran a marathon together."

5 comments:

Czechers said...

Yes, I may have finished the half marathon in decent shape.... but I was sore and hurting for a lot longer than Val. It took me a full week to be able to walk without pain.
-Dan

allie said...

WOW, you guys are amazing! That's awesome that you could do that before you move!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Good job you guys! That looks like fun and what a great memory. I love that you ran a marathon together. That's awesome.

sward said...

What fun! Glad you're keeping in shape. Hope you find a job. Shauna got rejection letters too so she's wondering what's next?

Morgan said...

Love the picture on the winners' stand. Great stuff.